Becoming a Food and Drink Ambassador
Our ambassadors inspire young people to consider a career in food and drink. If you work in food and drink and would like to help motivate the next generation of recruits into the industry you can sign up as a food and drink ambassador.
On this page:
Becoming an Ambassador
By becoming an ambassador you will:
- Engage in careers events, class workshops, launching projects, judging
competitions and engaging at public facing science fairs
- Help young people understand how skills and qualifications in subjects such as
the sciences, technology, maths, health & wellbeing, home economics, computing,
design, IT and technology plus others are required for careers in food and
- Challenge the myths about what it is like to work in the sector and show how a
career in food and drink can be both rewarding and exciting, with lots of
How it works
If you become an ambassador you can decide the amount of time you spend on
network activities, the age group you'd like to work with, the types of
activities you would like to be involved with and the distance you
willing to travel.
Those who have helped out with activities in schools find there are many
benefits such as:
- Improved planning and communication skills
- Understanding their subject area better through presenting it to younger people
who may have a different perspective
- Getting to meet other people who are passionate about the sector
- Building confidence
- Having fun!
If you would like to inspire young people to consider a career in food and drink
please complete the sign up form and return to
email@example.com. We will then contact you to answer any questions and
provide some opportunities for you to start getting involved.
Spread the message further
Our food and drink volunteers are also encouraged to sign up to the STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics) Ambassador Programme. This provides the additional benefits of:
- Full insurance cover when participating in activities as a Food & Drink/STEM
- Free Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme check
- Access to free short training courses that provide advice and guidance on
working with schools
- Access to a wider network of STEM Ambassadors who engage in STEM activities and
want to share their ideas, experiences and resources
Please note: to make sure we know you would prefer to work in food and drink
PLEASE select the Scottish Food and Drink Skills Ambassadors option under
Ambassadors Scheme on the Qualifications page. On the last page “Terms and
Conditions/Data Protection” please tick the first box to indicate you are happy
STEMNET to share your details with your Professional Institution box. This
effective sharing of information between STEMNET and FDF Scotland.
Resources for Ambassadors
FDF Scotland has created a support pack to help ambassadors and others working
in industry inspire the next generation to consider a career in food and drink.
Download Food and Drink Skills Ambassadors Support Pack
We have developed a range of resources that industry can use when working with schools.
If you would like further information on becoming an ambassador please email us
at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 229 9415.
Last reviewed: 11 Apr 2017