EIT Food supports Sustainable Development Goals related to targeted nutrition, sustainable agriculture, digital traceability, sustainable aquaculture, circular food systems and alternative proteins.
EIT Food supports the overall digital transformation of the food system and collaborates with consumers to deliver a healthier and more sustainable lifestyle for all European citizens.
The initiative is made up of a consortium of key industry players, startups, research centres and universities from across Europe. It’s one of 8 Innovation Communities established by the European Institute for Innovation & Technology (EIT), an independent EU body set up in 2008 to drive innovation and entrepreneurship across Europe.
EIT Food Partners take part in a variety of collaboration programmes – including innovation, education and entrepreneurial activities which can be part funded by the EIT.
What we do
- Create and scaleup agrifood startups to deliver new food innovations and businesses.
- Develop talents and leaders to transform the food system.
- Launch new innovative products and ingredients to deliver healthier and sustainable food.
- Engage the public so they can become the agents of change in the food system.
- We support agrifood startups in launching, accelerating and scaling their ideas and businesses through a variety of programmes: Learn more about EIT entrepreneurship.
- We offer learning opportunities for students, entrepreneurs and curious minds for all levels of learning and professional development. Learn more about EIT education.
- We support our partners to deliver impact through innovation activities that transform the food system. Learn more about EIT innovation.