A great opportunity to be involved in the Strategic Net Zero Response programme on behalf of the Scotland Food & Drink Partnership and support food and drink businesses in Scotland to meet the Partnership Net Zero Commitment.
Job Type Fixed-term contract until 31 March 2023
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Salary Competitive, with excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, private healthcare, leisure travel insurance, gym subsidy, interest-free season ticket loan and cycle-to-work scheme
Hours 35 hours per week; hybrid working option
The Communications Executive will be working closely with the Net Zero Programme Director in developing inspiring and engaging communications to stakeholders, including food and drink producers, politicians, interest groups, the media and consumers.
Key responsibilities for the Communications Executive
- Leading the communication of the net zero programme to key stakeholders and food and drink businesses, with direction from the Net Zero Director
- Managing campaigns and communications that inspire and challenge our sector to accelerate its net zero journey
- This will include online, website, email marketing, PR, event collateral and the design and content for reports and publications
- Developing and executing a communications strategy to include Net Zero campaigns aimed at businesses as well as consumer audiences
- Proactive and reactive engagement with the media, building strong contacts
- Developing and delivering engaging content for events, conferences, seminars, information events and workshops
- Working with the Partnership Communications Group to provide tailored toolkits including key messaging, approved imagery and relevant content to maximise the Partnership communications channels
- Experience of developing and executing a multi-channel communication strategy
- Having worked with marketing agencies and wider communications stakeholder to implement strategies
- Experience of driving digital engagement strategies, writing and editing content and commissioning digital creative campaigns
- Experience of taking complex and technical issues and bringing them to life in engaging and relevant ways
- Experience of working well as part of a small, dynamic team, bringing creative thinking, innovation and exciting ways to engage industry and stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to lead projects and manage competing priorities under pressure
- Excellent time management and self-motivation skills
- The ability to “see the bigger picture”. Demonstrating a clear understanding of how the net zero agenda can fit with other challenges facing food and drink producers and how it could also mitigate some of the key challenges businesses are facing right now
- A good knowledge of the food & drink landscape in Scotland preferably with industry experience and an understanding of the commercial issues businesses face
- Outcomes focused with a commercial mindset.
- A basic understanding of environmental sustainability including net zero
- An understanding of relevant partners/stakeholders/agencies and the role they play as well as knowledge of the expertise and services available
Our Edinburgh office is in Melville Street in the heart of the West End – close to a wide range of shops and restaurants and with great transport links.
How to apply
To apply for the Communications Executive role, please send us your CV and salary expectations illustrating why you’d be a great candidate to email@example.com
Closing date: 26th August 2022; 12 noon
The FDF operates as an equal opportunities employer
We believe in equal opportunities for everyone and we won’t define people by their race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion or beliefs, age, or disability. We are happy to discuss flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly. If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment team.
Food and Drink Federation (FDF) Scotland is the Scottish trade association for food and drink manufacturers. We are a division of the Food and Drink Federation (FDF) representing food and drink manufacturers across the UK.