An exciting opportunity to be involved in the Strategic Net Zero Response programme on behalf of the Scotland Food & Drink Partnership and support food and drink businesses in Scotland to meet the Partnership Net Zero Commitment.
Job Type Fixed-term contract until 31 March 2023
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Salary Competitive, with excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, private healthcare, leisure travel insurance, gym subsidy, interest-free season ticket loan and cycle-to-work scheme
Hours 35 hours per week; hybrid working option (minimum 3 days in the office)
The Programme Manager will be planning and managing a range of projects that will contribute to the acceleration of the net zero journey for food and drink producers.
Key responsibilities for the Programme Manager
- Planning individual varied projects (with direction from the Net Zero Director and input from the Scotland Food and Drink Net Zero Steering Group - NZSG) including setting timescales and project outcomes/deliverables
- Responsible for managing a range of projects that contribute to programme deliverables
- Supervising all aspects of project development, scope, goals, execution, deliverables and meetings
- Provides a secretariat function to the NZSG
- Provides technical advice and signposting to support for food and drink producers in Scotland that will aid with emissions reductions
- Attending events and contributing to conferences, seminars, information events, workshops, reports and publications with a focus on net zero
- Gathering and managing data and evidence relating to projects; to identify opportunities and risks, and to support evaluation of activities
- Qualification in environment, sustainability or relevant technical qualification would be desirable
- Project management qualification or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Experience of developing and implementing project plans
- A broad understanding of environmental sustainability including net zero, sustainable procurement/supply chains, energy, waste and packaging issues
- An understanding of consumer demands relating to packaging/food waste and broader sustainability
- An understanding of the time, financial and resource challenges food and drink producers are facing and how the net zero agenda could help mitigate some of these challenges
- An understanding of relevant partners/stakeholders/agencies and the role they play as well as knowledge of the expertise and services available
- Ability to identify key partner strengths, support and eligibility criteria and tie this into business needs
- Strong contacts within the food and drink supply chain, ideally at senior/decision making level
- Ability to generate lots of new leads and make great contacts
- Confident talking to, motivate, and enthuse both technical staff and senior decision makers
- Good communication skills including the ability to understand technical data relating to sustainability projects
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a small but dynamic team
The ideal candidate for the Programme and Policy Manager role will have a good knowledge of the food & drink landscape in Scotland preferably with industry experience and have an understanding of the commercial issues businesses face.
How to apply
To apply for the Programme Manager role, please send us your CV and salary expectations illustrating why you’d be a great candidate to email@example.com
Closing Date: 22 July 2022; 5:30pm
The FDF operates as an equal opportunities employer
We believe in equal opportunities for everyone and we won’t define people by their race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion or beliefs, age, or disability. We are happy to discuss flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly. If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment team.
Food and Drink Federation (FDF) Scotland is the Scottish trade association for food and drink manufacturers. We are a division of the Food and Drink Federation (FDF) representing food and drink manufacturers across the UK.