Exports snapshot: H1 2018
27 August 2018
We publish regular reports outlining the latest UK food and drink export statistics, which can help your company to prioritise markets for exporting. Our reports include: data on the UK's top food and drink exports, key export markets, areas for growth, and updates on FDF's trade-related policy work.
TopicsDownload (830 kb)
- H1 2018 exports of all food and drink hit £10.68bn, up 5.1% on 2017, led by growth to the EU27.
- Growth in exports to EU countries (+7.3%) outpaced those to nonEU countries (+1.6%).
- The top five markets made up over half (52%) of overall food and drink exports, with exports to Ireland alone representing a share of 18.5%.
- H1 2018 exports of branded goods rose by 4.6% overall, despite a fall in exports to non-EU markets which was due to negative growth in sales of animal feed and sweet biscuits.
- The fastest growing UK exports by value within the top 10 were breakfast cereals, gin, and beef.
- Over the past 10 years, from H1 2008 to H1 2018, food and drink exports have grown by 75%, with an average annual growth rate of 5.2%. Over the same period, exports to non-EU countries grew faster (109%) than those to EU countries (59%).