Exports snapshot: Q1 2018
27 November 2018
We publish regular reports outlining the latest UK food and drink export statistics, which can help your company to prioritise markets for exporting. Our reports include: data on the UK's top food and drink exports, key export markets, areas for growth, and updates on FDF's trade-related policy work.
TopicsDownload (218 kb)
- Q1 2018 exports of food and drink rose by 5.5% (y-o-y) from £5.0bn in Q1 2017 to £5.2bn.
- Q1 2018 food and drink export growth to EU markets (+8.2%) rose quicker than to non-EU markets (+1.2%). This was also the case for exports of branded goods.
- Positive growth was recorded in all of the top ten products (including whisky, chocolate, cheese, wine and beef), apart from salmon and beer.
- The Czech Republic moved into the top 20 export markets for UK food and drink, up 52.3% after sales of sugar confectionery increased in Q1 2018.
- FDF has developed sector deal proposals as part of the Government’s Industrial Strategy activity to boost specialist export support including increased market research access, in-market specialists and an online export portal.