Exports snapshot: Q3 2020
09 December 2020
We publish regular reports outlining the latest UK food and drink export statistics, which can help your company to prioritise markets for exporting. Our reports include: data on the UK's top food and drink exports, key export markets, areas for growth, and updates on FDF's trade-related policy work.
TopicsDownload (441 kb)
- Exports are a strong contributor to food and drink industry growth. However, the COVID-19 pandemic continues to significantly impact sales with exports in Q3 alone falling by 11.6% to £5.5bn.
- In the nine months to September, food and drink exports fell by 12.9% hitting £15.2bn. Exports fell to both EU and non-EU markets by -12.6% and -13.5% respectively.
- Exports to most of the top 20 markets decreased, with sales to Spain falling significantly by -33.8%. However, exports to Norway experienced the most substantial increase, rising by 38.4% to £198.8m.
- Pork and breakfast cereals were the only products within the top 10 to show growth, up 12.7% and 2.5%. Ireland continued to be key trade partner with five out of the top 10 UK products going to this market.
- In October, FDF published an export guide to help businesses navigate the export process. The EU Exit Food Hub also provides essential information and guidance for agri-food and drink businesses