FDF Scotland Hustings 2021
12 March 2021
Ahead of the 2021 Scottish Parliament elections, FDF Scotland held a hustings event. We were joined by a candidate from each of the main political parties to discuss how we will work together to ensure the future success of Scotland’s food and drink industry.
FDF Scotland’s members had the opportunity ask the candidates questions to find out more about how their policies will support our vital industry.
The hustings covered the four key themes that are highlighted in FDF Scotland’s manifesto:
- supporting the growth of the food and drink industry
- achieving a more environmentally sustainable Scotland
- supporting healthier choices in communities across Scotland
- investing in people, skills and innovation.
The hustings was chaired by freelance food and drink journalist Karen Peattie.
Our panellists included:
- Jamie Halcro Johnston, the Scottish Conservatives
- Mags Hall, the Scottish Greens
- Rhoda Grant, Scottish Labour
- Liam McArthur, the Scottish Liberal Democrats
- Fergus Ewing, the Scottish National Party