Our ambassadors inspire young people to consider a career in food and drink. If you work in food and drink and would like to help motivate the next generation of recruits into the industry you can sign up as a food and drink ambassador.
Become an Ambassador
By becoming an ambassador you will:
- Engage in careers events, class workshops, launching projects, judging competitions and engaging at public facing science fairs
- Help young people understand how skills and qualifications in subjects such as the sciences, technology, maths, health and wellbeing, home economics, computing, design, IT and technology plus others are required for careers in food and drink
- Challenge the myths about what it is like to work in the sector and show how a career in food and drink can be both rewarding and exciting, with lots of opportunities.
How it works
If you become an ambassador you can decide the amount of time you spend on network activities, the age group you'd like to work with, the types of activities you would like to be involved with and the distance you are willing to travel.
Those who have helped out with activities in schools find there are many benefits such as:
- Improved planning and communication skills
- Understanding their subject area better through presenting it to younger people who may have a different perspective
- Getting to meet other people who are passionate about the sector
- Building confidence
- Having fun!
STEM Ambassador Programme
Our food and drink volunteers are also encouraged to sign up to the STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics) Ambassador Programme.
This provides the additional benefits of:
- Full insurance cover when participating in activities as a Food & Drink/STEM Ambassador
- Free Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme check
- Access to free short training courses that provide advice and guidance on working with schools
- Access to a wider network of STEM Ambassadors who engage in STEM activities and want to share their ideas, experiences and resources.