The FDF is structured to deliver results in the areas that have the biggest impact on our members' businesses. Our mission is to be a key strategic adviser to the industry, to act as the industry's convenor and to speak for the industry where necessary.
As an organisation, we are run by our members for the benefit of our members. Members play an active role in all areas of our work: through our technical and policy standing committees, our strategic steering groups, our President's Committee and Board and a variety of ad hoc or temporary interest and policy groups.
How we work
The Board is responsible to the Members for governance, risk management and financial strategy.
Convened and chaired by our President, the President's Committee is our most senior policy-making forum.
Finance and Planning Committee
The Finance and Planning Committee supports the Board in providing oversight of the Federation's finances.
Corporate Affairs Group
The Corporate Affairs Group (CAG) is convened by Jayne Almond, Head of Corporate Affairs, and comprises the corporate affairs leads for the member companies that are represented on the President's Committee. Additional members may be invited to join by the chair as appropriate.
The Group operates in two ways:
- via scheduled meetings of the group, timed to enable input to agenda items for FDF's Executive Committee;
- via e-mail to ensure speedy dissemination of information and advice to and from members.
The role of the Corporate Affairs Group is to:
- Provide oversight of FDF's media and public affairs activity
- Keep corporate affairs leads abreast of developments in priority policy areas
- Act as a 'sherpa' group for the President's Committee