On 24 February, the FDF launched our Ambition 2025 Mid-term Review and Ambition 2025 Progress Report 2020 which was supported by a series of member case studies.
As highlighted in this year’s progress report, there has been exceptional progress in some areas, including:
- 55% reduction in CO2 emissions, five years before the target was due to be reached.
- 41.5% reduction in absolute water consumption in 2019 and support for the Courtauld 2025 Water Ambition.
- Contributed to the Food Waste Reduction Roadmap.
- Continued to build relationships with key stakeholders and with UK governments including through engagement on various the Plastics tax; undertook advocacy on PRN cost crisis; supported the UK Plastics Pact; and launched new guidelines on using recycled content in plastic packaging applications.
- Promoted the fewer and friendlier miles agenda through FDF’s 10 Point Checklist.
- Updated and promoted the Sustainability Resource Hub.
- Promoted the FDF Natural Capital Awareness Document.
The FDF also published a press release, with supporting quote from Environment Minister, Rebecca Pow MP. The launch has been extensively covered across the trade media.